CBD oil has become increasingly popular in recent years as a natural remedy for a variety of health issues, both in humans and in pets. Many pet owners have turned to CBD oil for their furry friends, but some are still unsure about whether or not it's safe to give dogs CBD. In this guide, we'll explore the benefits of CBD for dogs, how to use CBD for dogs, the best CBD oils and treats for dogs, and answer some frequently asked questions about giving CBD to dogs.
Can You Give Dogs CBD?
The short answer is yes, you can give dogs CBD. However, it's important to use caution and consult with your veterinarian before doing so. CBD is a compound found in the hemp plant, which has been shown that it can have a variety of potential health benefits, including pain relief, anxiety reduction, and seizure management.
While CBD is generally considered safe for dogs, it's important to choose high-quality CBD products that are specifically formulated for pets. These CBD products also need to be THC free with full panel testing, as THC in any amount is harmful and toxic to dogs. You should also start with a low dose of CBD and gradually increase it as needed (again, under the guidance of your veterinarian.)
It's also important to note that CBD is not a cure-all for every health issue that your dog may be experiencing. It's always a good idea to consult with your veterinarian before giving your dog any new supplement, including CBD.
Benefits of CBD for Dogs
CBD has been shown to have a variety of potential health benefits for dogs, including:
- Pain relief: CBD can assist with its anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties, which may help to manage pain associated with conditions such as arthritis and other inflammatory diseases. (Note: Before using CBD for a condition for your dog, always ensure you check with their veterinarian.)
- Anxiety reduction: CBD has a calming effect on the nervous system, which may help to reduce anxiety and stress in dogs. This can be especially beneficial for dogs that suffer from separation anxiety or fear of loud noises such as fireworks or thunderstorms.
- Seizure management: CBD has been shown to have anticonvulsant properties, which may help to manage seizures in dogs with epilepsy. (If your dog is experiencing seizures, always check with your vet. Never, ever try to self medicate a medical condition like this.)
- Improved appetite: CBD may help to stimulate appetite in dogs that are not eating due to illness or medication side effects.
- Improved sleep: CBD may help to improve sleep quality in dogs that are experiencing sleep disturbances.
While more research is needed to fully understand the effects of CBD on dogs, these potential benefits make it a promising natural remedy for a variety of health issues.
How to Use CBD For Dogs
Wondering what does cbd do to dogs? When giving your dog CBD, it's important to start with a low dose and gradually increase it as needed. This will help you to find the right dose for your dog's individual needs, while also minimizing the risk of side effects.
CBD is available in a variety of forms including oils, capsules, and treats. CBD oil is the most popular option, as it allows for easy dosing and can be added to your dog's food or administered directly into their mouth.
When choosing a CBD oil or treat for your dog, it's important to look for products that are specifically formulated for pets and are THC free. You should also look for products that have been third-party tested to ensure purity and potency.
Here are some general guidelines for using CBD oil for dogs:
- Start with a low dose: A general starting dose is 0.25 mg of CBD per pound of body weight, given once or twice per day. This dose can be gradually increased as needed, under the guidance of your veterinarian.
- Monitor for side effects: While CBD is generally considered safe for dogs, it can cause side effects such as drowsiness, dry mouth, and diarrhea. If you notice any of these side effects, you may need to adjust the dose or discontinue use.
- Administer the CBD: You can add CBD oil to your dog's food or administer it directly into their mouth using a dropper or syringe. If you're using treats be sure to follow the dosing instructions on the product label.
- Be consistent: To get the most benefit from CBD, it's important to be consistent with dosing. Try to give your dog their CBD at the same time each day, and keep track of their response to the supplement.
5 Best CBD Oil and Treats for Dogs
If you're interested in giving your dog CBD, here are five of the best CBD oils and treats for dogs:
- Koi CBD Dog Treats: A delicious and healthy way to support your furry friend's well-being. With three different flavor options, each blend is specially formulated to address specific needs. The Green Apple & Peanut Butter flavor is designed for calming support, the Blueberry & Sweet Potato for immune support, and the Pumpkin Spice & Cinnamon for joint support. Each treat contains 5mg of CBD.
- Koi CBD Soft Chews: The perfect solution for pet owners looking to provide their furry friends with natural relief and support. Available in three delicious flavors, these soft chews are specially formulated to address different pet health concerns.
- Joy Organics CBD Oil Pet Formula: A specially crafted product designed to take care of your furry friend. Whether you have a dog, cat or any other animal, this CBD oil is a great way to keep them healthy and happy. This formula is made with pure and high-quality ingredients, ensuring that your pet gets the best care possible. The oil is available in two strengths, 450mg and 900mg, making it easier for you to choose the right amount for your pet's needs.
- Koi Naturals CBD Pet Spray: A natural and effective way to promote overall wellness in your furry friend. This product comes in a 500mg bottle, making it easy to use and store. Made with pure CBD extract and all-natural ingredients, this pet spray is safe for daily use and helps to relieve anxiety, pain, and inflammation. Simply spray a few drops on your pet's food or directly in their mouth for quick results.
- Joy Pet Care CBD Dog Chews: A safe and effective way to promote relaxation and overall well-being in your furry friend. Each treat in this 30-count bag contains 2mg of CBD, derived from hemp and lab tested to ensure they are THC-free. This full panel lab tested product also verifies that these chews are safe for pets to consume, giving you peace of mind and confidence in your pet's health and happiness.
Are CBD Treats Safe for Dogs?
When you’re asking yourself can you give dogs cbd, understand that the safety of CBD treats for dogs is always something you need to consider. The good news is that these treats are generally considered safe, provided that they are made with high-quality ingredients, are specifically formulated for pets, and are full panel tested showing that they are THC free. Always remember that CBD treats should not be used as a replacement for a balanced and nutritious diet.
It is vital to carefully consider the ingredients in CBD treats before purchasing them for your furry friend. When selecting CBD treats for dogs, it is crucial to look for products that are made with all-natural ingredients such as organic hemp oil, and that are free from artificial preservatives and additives. Natural ingredients are usually less likely to cause allergic reactions or adverse effects on your dog's health. Furthermore, it is important to seek out treats that have been full panel third-party tested to ensure their purity, potency, and that they are THC free.
Third-party testing is an essential factor to consider when choosing CBD treats for dogs. It provides an objective evaluation of the product's quality and safety, ensuring that the product is free from harmful contaminants such as heavy metals, pesticides, microbials, mycotoxins, and residual solvents. The testing results should be readily available on the product's packaging or the manufacturer's website (with a QR code that takes you right to the lab’s website so that the testing can be verified). If a manufacturer cannot provide third-party testing results, it is best to avoid their products. Not only are they potentially harmful, but they are also illegal.
It is worth noting that CBD treats are not a cure-all solution for all of your dog's ailments. While CBD may provide relief for some conditions, such as anxiety or chronic pain, it is essential to consult with your veterinarian before giving cbd to dogs. Your veterinarian will be able to assess whether CBD is appropriate for your dog and provide guidance on dosing and potential interactions with other medications.
Can I Give My Dog a CBD Gummy?
It is crucial to understand that THC (the psychoactive compound found in some cannabis products is toxic to dogs. (Even if something is advertised as CBD, it may still be a “full spectrum product”, meaning it has under .3% THC by dry weight. This amount is still enough to be harmful to your pet.) Therefore, when choosing CBD products for your best buds, it is essential to select a full panel tested product to ensure it is THC-free.
While CBD gummies may be a popular option for humans, they are not recommended for dogs. CBD gummies often contain ingredients that are not safe for dogs, such as xylitol, which can be highly toxic and cause rapid insulin release. This can lead to hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and liver failure. Giving your dog CBD gummies is never worth the risk.
If you want to give your dog CBD, it is best to stick with products that are specifically formulated for pets such as CBD oils and treats. These products are formulated with ingredients that are safe for dogs and are often available in different dosages, making it easier to administer the correct amount.
It is essential to choose CBD products that are THC-free to avoid any potential harm to your dog's health. THC can cause symptoms such as lethargy, loss of coordination, vomiting, seizures, and even death in dogs. It is essential to opt for products that have undergone full panel testing, which verifies that the product is free from THC and other harmful contaminants.
When deciding can dogs take cbd gummies, it is vital to prioritize their safety and well-being. Always select products that are specifically formulated for pets and undergo full panel testing to ensure they are free from THC and other toxic substances. By following these guidelines, you can provide your good boy or good girl with the benefits of CBD without putting their health at risk.
CBD Oil Effects on Dogs
CBD oil has gained popularity in recent years as a natural supplement for dogs. However, it's essential to understand that while CBD is generally considered safe for dogs, it may cause side effects in some cases. The good news is that these side effects are typically mild and go away on their own (as long as it is THC free CBD. If it is full spectrum CBD, that is toxic to your pet and will have more serious side effects.)
One of the most common side effects of CBD oil in dogs is drowsiness. This may be a desirable effect if your dog experiences anxiety or restlessness, as CBD is known to have calming properties. Excessive drowsiness may be a concern, especially if your dog is required to be alert or active during the day. It is important to monitor your dog's behavior and adjust the dose accordingly.
Another potential side effect of CBD oil in dogs is dry mouth. This may manifest as increased thirst, which may lead to increased urination. While dry mouth may be uncomfortable for your dog, it is not typically a cause for concern. Always ensure that your dog has access to plenty of fresh water to prevent dehydration.
Diarrhea is another possible side effect of CBD oil in dogs. This may be due to the carrier oil used in the product or the dosage being too high. Always monitor your dog's bowel movements and adjust the dose accordingly. If diarrhea persists or is severe, it may be necessary to discontinue use.
It's important to note that CBD can interact with certain medications, be certain to talk to your veterinarian before giving your dog CBD if they are taking any medications. CBD can interact with medications that are metabolized by the liver, potentially increasing or decreasing their effectiveness. Your veterinarian can advise you on whether CBD is safe to use with your dog's medications.
If you’re starting CBD for your dog, it's crucial to be aware of potential side effects and to monitor your dog's behavior closely. As with any new supplement or medication, it's important to consult with your veterinarian before introducing CBD oil into your dog's routine. With proper care and attention, CBD oil can be a safe and effective way to support your dog's health and well-being.
Where Can I Get CBD Oil for My Dog?
In conclusion, CBD can be a safe and effective supplement for dogs when used correctly. Can you give dogs CBD? Yes. As long as it’s THC-free, full panel tested, and formulated to be safe for dogs. It has been shown to have a variety of potential benefits, including reducing anxiety, improving sleep, and reducing inflammation.
Ethereal Gold Dispensary is available online with shipping to every state in the US. We offer only the highest-quality full panel tested CBD products for dogs. Each batch of product we receive is tested not only for the proper potency, but also to make sure cannabinoids that are harmful to dogs such as THC are not present. We also have these tests to make sure dangerous solvents, heavy metals and pesticides are not present in the product!
When giving your dog CBD, it's important to choose high-quality products that are specifically formulated for pets and to follow dosing instructions carefully. You should also be aware of potential side effects and talk to your veterinarian before giving your dog CBD, especially if they have any underlying medical conditions or are taking any medications.
If you’re asking yourself do CBD dog treats work or you have any other questions, just click on the chat bubble and one of our Handlers will be able to assist you. We want to see your furry buddy enjoy life as much as we want to see you succeed in your day-to-day missions.
Does CBD Get Your Dog High?
No, CBD does not get dogs high. CBD is a non-psychoactive compound, which means that it does not produce the "high" associated with marijuana use.
Does CBD Calm Dogs Down?
CBD has a calming effect on the nervous system, which may help to reduce anxiety and stress in dogs. This can be especially beneficial for dogs that suffer from separation anxiety or have fear of loud noises such as fireworks or thunderstorms.
Is CBD Really OK for Dogs?
While more research is needed to fully understand the effects of CBD on dogs, current evidence suggests that CBD is generally safe and well-tolerated in dogs. You should remember it's always important to talk to your veterinarian before giving your dog CBD — especially if they have any underlying medical conditions or are taking any medications. Additionally, when giving your pet CBD, you need to choose high-quality CBD products that are specifically formulated for pets and have been third-party tested for purity, potency, and are THC-free. By doing so, you can help ensure that your dog gets the most benefit from CBD while minimizing the risk of side effects.
How Long Does CBD Take for Dogs?
CBD, if it’s oil or a tincture generally starts taking effect in 15 to 45 minutes. If a dog treat or soft chew, the CBD may take up to two hours to take effect.