FAQ / I'm New Here
WE'RE GOING TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
When it comes to cannabinoids (CBD, CBG, CBN, THCV, Delta-8, Delta-9, etc.), you may have many questions. That’s okay! Everyone does when they start using these products. If you ever have any question about anything, just give us a chat (by clicking on the “Have Any Questions” chat bubble!). Our Handlers are here to answer any questions you may have. You may not even know what questions to ask them, and that’s okay too!
We’ve made a list of some questions we first had when we started using cannabinoids. If you have a question that’s not on here, just give us a chat. It’s better to know than to guess so you have the best experience possible!
It can be difficult to know what each cannabinoid does. We’re currently working on a chat tool that will make recommendations for what you want products to do, but in general:
- CBD: Used to support stress resilience, wellbeing & balance, calm and ease discomfort and inflammation after exercise.
- Delta-8: Used for euphoric feelings, assisting calming nausea, assisting with pain relief, and boosting mental health.
- Delta-9: Used for no matter what you call it — high, euphoric, buzzed, feeling good. Our Delta-9 products are federally legal as well!
- Delta-10: Delta-10 is a euphoric cannabinoid and reported to have little to no head buzz. Can have an uplifting and energizing effect.
- THCV: Used to potentially increase energy levels and may suppress appetite. Being studied for additional benefits as well.
- CBN: A rare cannabinoid called cannabinol which is used to assist with relaxation and restful sleep (including falling back asleep).
- CBC: Used to enhance mood & sociability by raising levels of anandamide, which promotes feelings of contentment and bliss.
- CBG: Used to relieve discomfort, soreness, and inflammation after exercise, while promoting a sense of calm and balance.
- CBDA: Used to prevent or reduce occasional nausea, relieve inflammation after exercise, and stimulate appetite.
- CBDV: Used to offer relief from discomfort and inflammation after exercise and occasional nausea. Studies show it may increase social function, and memory retention.
- HHC: Produces effects similar to Delta-8 or Delta-9, including feelings of euphoria. May not show up in drug testing.
- THC-O: Roughly 2-3 times more powerful than Delta-9 THC. May cause an incredibly euphoric high with hallucinogenic effects, depending on the user.
- THC-P: THC-P is a naturally occurring cannabinoid very similar to Delta-9 THC. However, THC-P’s molecular structure is significantly different than Delta-9’s. There are seven carbon atoms vs. the five in Delta-9. This allows THC-P to bind more readily with human CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors, which means its effects are likely to be more potent in the brain and body.
If you’re looking for a specific effect such as assistance with pain relief, calming, getting buzzed, or anything else and you’re not sure what to take just give us a chat! We can also assist you with finding products that are legal in your state, have non-detectable THC if needed for drug tests, and more.
Each product on our website has a “How to Take This Product” tab (except for smokable flower). These will give you a general guideline of how much to take, and each product when it arrives to you after purchase also states how much to take. If you are concerned about the amount you should take for a medical reason, you should consult with your medical professional. In addition, you should also consult with your medical professional before taking any of these products if you are pregnant.
Certain cannabinoids should also not be taken if you plan to operate heavy machinery, such as Delta-8 or Delta-9.
That’s a really good question! In general, any cannabinoid that we have marked as “Non-Detectable THC*” should be safe for you to take. However, there are a number of factors that come into play with drug tests, including the quality of the drug test. Low quality drug tests may pick up other cannabinoids such as Delta-8 or Delta-10 THC (which is usually the flag on drug tests.) We recommend speaking to a medical professional for a doctor’s note if there is concern or your employer.
If you are looking at products not at Ethereal Gold Dispensary, be certain to get a copy of the Certificate of Analysis. If there is any Delta-8, Delta-9, Delta-10, or THCA stay away from it. Another flag for you if this is a concern should be the term “full-spectrum”.
Gummies, Chocolates, and all edibles may take 30 minutes up to two hours (or higher, depending on your physiology). If you do not feel any effects from these products do not take more unless a four hour period has passed. Otherwise you may risk doubling the effects.
We recommend consulting with your medical professional if you are concerned about how cannabinoids may interact with your medications. If your medical professional is not open to talking about cannabinoids, we recommend finding a new medical professional.
We do not recommend mixing alcohol and cannabinoids. They may boost the effects each other has on your body, which can lead to unintended effects. Because the two interact, it may also cause the consumer of alcohol to feel less drunk, which can lead to other dangerous side effects. Combining alcohol and cannabinoids can also affect a user’s mental health.
Yes, in fact it can even be recommended. Many cannabinoids work better when they are combined with CBD (such as CBN and CBG). In addition, CBD can be used with Delta-8 to make the euphoric feeling more pleasant.
Pets require products that have no THC. THC (Delta-8, Delta-9, Delta-10, THCA) is toxic to pets. If you are looking for products for your pets, make sure that the Certificate of Analysis says ND (non-detectable) for THC levels. All of the products we have listed in the “For Pets” on Ethereal Gold Dispensary have been verified by our Handlers to be safe for pets. You can rest easy using our products.
Ethereal Gold Dispensary is an industry leader in ensuring that our products in our portfolio are safe and effective.
We take great pride in our vetting process for every single product that we bring to our store, making sure we get up-to-date, verifiable, and valid Certificates of Analysis (COAs) that test for not only the proper amount of cannabinoid in each product, but also testing for any dangerous solvents or contaminants. We also then randomly spot test batches of product for our own testing at another 3rd party lab, to verify that the product results and manufacturer COAs match reality.
All of our products are federally legal, are manufactured from hemp-derived Delta-9, and contain under 0.3% THC by dry weight as written in the 2018 Farm Bill. However, this does not mean that each cannabinoid is legal in your state or county. Each state is able to set their own controlled substances act, which means that they can outlaw specific cannabinoids even if they are federally legally (for example, Delta-8 in Texas). We keep an up-to-date legality for each cannabinoid on product pages. Otherwise, if you have any questions about legality, just give us a chat.
That depends on what cannabinoid you’re taking. Of the cannabinoids we carry, only Delta-8, Delta-9, Delta-10, HHC, THC-O, and THC-P will get you high.
This is a hard question, as it varies from person to person. Common feelings include
- A feeling of relaxation
- Laughter or giggles
- Greater amusement and enjoyment
- Greater sensitivity to color, touch, smell, light, taste, and sound
- A feeling of being more creative
- Increased sex drive and feelings of physical pleasure
In greater doses of cannabinoids that can make you high, you may also experience feelings of anxiety, paranoia, and sleepiness.
Taking extremely high amounts of cannabinoids that can get you high may cause feelings of:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Red eyes
- Delayed reaction times
- Reduced muscle and limb coordination
- Increased heart rate
- Distorted senses
Those last feelings obviously sound extremely unpleasant, and that is why any reputable dispensary or product will tell you to start small and work your way up to an amount of the cannabinoid that is comfortable and enjoyable.
We’ve all been there. You’ve taken too much of a cannabinoid that can get you high. Foremost, don’t panic. Find a comfortable place, sit down, and try to relax. If your high just started, know that you’re going to have to ride this out for a few hours. But you can do it — you’ll be fine. These feelings will pass, and some of our Handlers have definitely accidentally done this before as well.
Now, if you’re too uncomfortable try the following:
- Try and chew on some black peppercorns (black pepper commonly found in your kitchen.) For many, this provides almost instant relief.
- Try some CBD to counter the effects. CBD is an excellent anxiety-fighting compound, and for many people it can be used to counteract too much THC.
- Have a fresh lemon handy? Cut it in half, give it a whiff, and then chew some of the fresh fruit. Limonene (found in lemons) is known for its anxiety-reducing effects
- Try taking a nap
- If you’re not feeling woozy or lightheaded, some people find it helpful to take a walk and change scenery by walking in nature
- Distract yourself by watching a funny cartoon, sitcom, playing a video game, talking to your friends, snuggling with your significant other, coloring, or eating something. (Whatever distractions you prefer, make sure it’s a familiar activity that gives you warm, fuzzy emotions. Your brain will hopefully zone in on the positive feelings and give you a gentle reminder that you are safe and just fine.)
- Try taking a shower or bath
And remember, if you start to panic again, there has never been a case of overdosing on cannabinoids that has caused death. At worst, you’ll likely feel groggy when it’s over and have a dry mouth.
Our Handlers are also here to talk to you if you need help. Just give us a chat. We’re here to help.
Unfortunately, there’s a ridiculous number of myths about Sativa and Indica strains, what those words mean, what the strains do, etc. Worse, these myths have been adopted by many dispensaries, which further confuses consumers into believing these myths.
Commonly believed myths:
- Myth 1 - Indicas will produce a heavy body high, while all sativas produce uplifting, energetic highs
- Myth 2 - All cannabis (both industrial hemp and THC-rich marijuana) are either Hybrids, Pure Sativas, and Pure Indicas
- Myth 3 - Indicas have more THC than Sativas
Now, we’re going to look at all of these myths together, because they’re all semi-related. The first thing to understand is that some experts suggest pure Indica and pure Sativa strains simply don’t exist anymore. As breeders have worked to optimize different active cannabinoids, terpenes, and more the genetics of the plants have changed. With that in mind, what does it mean if someone is labeling a product as a Sativa or an Indica?
It means that the cannabis product carries dominant genetics for that strain. Now, this is not to say it will affect how you feel, because remember, at this point in time (unless someone has a seed from ~60 years ago), all cannabis strains are hybrid for all purposes. The Indica and Sativa labeling reflects little on the consumer side. Instead, it describes plant growth. Indica strains typically grow shorter and have thicker stems. They have broad, dark green leaves (while Sativas are often more narrow). The strains determine how fast the plant grows, the amount of heat and sunlight required, and many other growing variables. Indica strains can usually absorb more heat and sunlight, as well as have a shorter flowing time.
So if its not Indica vs Sativa that makes me feel a body-heavy high vs an invigorating cerebral high, then what is it? For the most part, it has to do with a terpene called myrcene. Historically, this terpene was found in higher amounts in Indica plants. There appears to be no scientific proof of why Sativa is known for uplifting, and we’d hazard a guess that it is due to lower amounts of myrcene.
So, regardless of what your local smoke shop is telling you, a Sativa can make you just as sleepy as an Indica, and the designation at this point for you is meaningless.
Special Order Questions
Our special order program is for items that are currently out of stock. These items typically ship from our location to you within a week, and to compensate for that delay all Special Order items are marked as 10% off. While very rare, in the event a Special Order item does not ship from us within a week, you will receive additional compensation to your account.
- Within 7 Days Shipped Out – Standard
- Within 14 Days Shipped Out – $5 Account Credit
- Within 21 Days Shipped Out – $15 Account Credit
- After 21 Days – You will receive the product for free
(Note: Times above do not include delays due to national holidays where mail is not being delivered.)